Dear Perfect Stranger,
How are you doing today? I hope you’re doing well and if not, I hope this note serves as a little pick-me-up during your day.
Analyst Richard St. John conducted over 500 interviews of people that we consider to be successful. He asked them for tips on how to be successful and was able to narrow it down to eight simple words.
- Passion – do it for love not money
- Work – nothing worthwhile comes easily
- Good – get good at something, practice!
- Focus – focus yourself on one thing
- Push – push yourself mentally and physically
- Serve – serve others something of value
- Ideas – make connections, be original
- Persist – persist through failure and conflicts
So now you know the keys to success but the real question is what is success? Is it being a millionaire? Well if it is, you might not need all of these tips. I think real success is personal success not monetary success. Real success is sharing with people what you have, respecting others, investing in ideas, kindness and children’s futures. People like this should be admired. They move the world, metaphorically. Maybe Richard St. John’s tips to success will help create those world moving people. Will you be one of them?
Your friendly picker upper