Dear Perfect Stranger,
How are you today? I hope that you are doing well and if not, I hope this note serves as a pick-me-up during your day. I’ve always wanted to be an explorer so here are some tips on how to be a world explorer that I found.
- Always be LOOKING. (Notice the ground beneath your feet.)
- Consider everything alive and animate.
- EVERYTHING is interesting. LOOK CLOSER.
- Alter your course often.
- Observe for long durations (AND SHORT ONES).
- Notice the stories going on around you.
- Notice PATTERNS. Make CONNECTIONS.
- DOCUMENT your findings (field notes) in a variety of ways.
- Incorporate indeterminacy.
- Observe MOVEMENT.
- Create a personal dialogue with your environment. TALK TO IT.
- Trace things back to their ORIGINS.
- Use ALL of the senses in your investigations.
Enjoy your exploring of the world! Have a good day :).
Your friendly picker upper